General Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of MAX Media of Hampton Roads, LLC, and it's stations, WGH AM/FM, WVBW, WVHT and WVSP, 5589 Greenwich Rd., Suite 200, Virginia Beach, VA. 23462, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
1. No purchase is necessary.
2. All contestants must be 18 years of age or older to win unless otherwise stated.
3. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates of Max Media, LLC, participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
4. An individual may win/qualify other seasonal or one-time contests onlyonce for the duration of the contest.
5. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by random drawing or another means deemed appropriate by the station. The person conducting the contest will determine all winners, and their decision shall be final.
6. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or accumulate prizes to value over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings.
7. Any individual who wins a prize valued over $500, is ineligible to win a contest for 30 days.
8. All prizes are awarded "as is." Prizes are non-transferable, refundable and cannot be exchanged.
9. The station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
10. The station shall not be responsible for any phone malfunctions on the end of the contestant or station request line.
11. All entrants and winners agree that the station, Max Media, LLC., and their affiliates, shall have no liability and shall be held blameless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property insured byentering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prize received.
12. All prizes must be claimed in person at the station during regular business hours and within 30 days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the station to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
13. All prizes with specific dates (concerts, premieres, etc.) or expiration dates, must be picked up by close of business on the business day closest to the expiration date.
14. Proper identification must be presented to claim prize.
15. All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the station to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the station.
16. All entrants and winners agree that the station may broadcast or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or anyother likeness, including their voice, recorded or live, for any reason the station deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station blameless andwithout liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
17. The station reserves the right to end a contest at anytime without any advanced notice to the public.
18. The station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
19. The station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
20. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest byfraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won byfraudulent means.